A meeting about the possible uses of the 1867 Sanctuary at Ewing is set for 7 p.m. March 20 at the Ewing Community and Senior Center, 999 Lower Ferry Road, Ewing.
The meeting is hosted by Preservation New Jersey, which is working with its 1867 Sanctuary at Ewing Committee, Mills + Schnoering Architects and the community to decide what to do with the land at 101 Scoth Road formerly used by First Presbyterian Church.
Mill+ Schnoering conducted an adaptive reuse study of the space. They revealed the finding of the study at a meeting on Jan. 8, where the community shared their ideas for the land. A slideshow by the architectural consultants uses at that meeting is online at 1867sanctuary.org.
At the upcoming meeting, the architectural consultants will present their recommendations based on the views expressed on Jan. 8. Community members will then have the opportunity to respond to determine whether proposed interior renovations will be suitable for their use when the 1867 Sanctuary reopens as a community venue.
This is the second and final meeting for public input before the plans are finalized.
Private tours of the building are available by appointment, which can be made by calling Robert Kull at 908-295-7739 or emailing email@example.com.
Preservation New Jersey, headquartered in Trenton, is the only statewide membership-supported historic preservation organization in the state. Its mission is to advocate for and promote historic preservation as a sustainable strategy.
More information is online at 1867sanctuary.org.